Monday 23 June 2014

Stain Glass workshop

Whew it has been a week already since the kids left to visit my parents.  The first day after returning from our Memphis trip was hard, very, very hard once my husband went off to work.  I wandered the house aimlessly feeling down and out of sorts.  By 9:30 am I had already called and spoken to my kids at my parents house and placed a call to my husband at work because I was needing someone to talk too.  Once I put the phone down I started cleaning out the fridge, one of my most hated jobs.  I then did several loads of laundry, the dishes and cleaned the animal cages.  By lunch time I headed downstairs to start working on organizing my stain glass room.  My husband added electricity to a storage room a year ago in the hopes I would resume my hobby and I never organized it.  By the end of the first day it was almost done.  I am still missing many of my tools and soldering irons, so I need to tackle the unopened boxes in the basement in the hopes of finding them as to purchase new items would be expensive.  I am hoping they all are still in working order after being in storage so long.

I have two work desks for projects and a large storage bin for all my colored glass that I have had in storage for the last five years.  Eventually I would like to paint the cement walls but for now it is fine the way it is.

Some additional storage and a work station to hold my grinder (as soon as I find it)  Again one day I will put up dry wall in this area to give it  a more finished look.  I would also love to add a large sink one day, you know when we win the lottery:)

Some old stain glass projects that have been in storage, a few are broken and need repairing.

I found a few tools but not all of them and this is where they will be placed eventually.

Well I did eventually find my missing tools and they were all in working order, so for the last few days I have been working on some projects...I still need to clean them both up and put hangers on them:)

I started this one years ago but it was put away and never completed. 
I made this one for Firedrake since she loves Dragons so much
I am just completed cutting out two additional projects and have a fifth project already lined up to get started on.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I knew you used to do stained glass, but didn't realize what a big deal that was, or that you did it at home. Love the two pieces you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh that is so awesome. You are just one talented woman and I love that you know how to do this. It is strange when you don't have your family around. Now that I am an empty nester it does seem lonely at times. Like you I find a project to do and I have a Zillion of them. I have missed reading your posts and will go back and catch up as I can.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete