Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas traditions

I love the Christmas season and am that annoying person who turns on the Christmas music radio station the day after Thanksgiving and listens to it until Jan 1st, at which time I turn it off until next year!


Some of our yearly traditions as a family are:


 Visiting the light displays in our area...these were found at the city zoo

I loved this outside light ball hanging from the trees

There are several wonderful Christmas lights displays in are city held at the zoo, botanical gardens, parks and even the camp groups!  We try to see 2 or 3 every year:)


While we miss attending the pantomimes in the UK we still enjoy attending Christmas show, this  year we attended the shows  "Its a Wonderful Life" at a dinner theater with my parents in Pa while we were visiting over the Thanksgiving break



With our local homeschool groups we attended the Nutcracker ballet and A Christmas Carol shows locally
My mother started sending me the White House Christmas ornaments every year shortly after I got married.  I look forward to getting my new ornament every year!

 
Every year the kids pick out a new Christmas ornament to hand on the tree...this year MarioFan picked out a lighthouse while we were on holiday in Door County Wisconsin this fall

Firedrake found a dog ornament that she thought looked like our new puppy Luna and chose this for her ornament.  I always have the kids name and year written on the ornaments.


Some other traditions include attending Christmas Eve Church services and attending a live nativity program locally if we can find one.  We also watch christmas movies the whole month leading up to Christmas, this year we introduced the kids to the movie ELF!  But our personal favorites are watching the movies  "The Nativity" and "Polar Express" the week of Christmas.


I will be taking the next two weeks off to spend time with my family over the holidays, so I won't be posting anything until the the New Year!  My family and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope the year 2015 brings you great joy and happiness!

SEE YA NEXT YEAR!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun.... I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your blog and being friends. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and lots of blessings for the New Year.
    Love and hugs!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete